Our heart's desire and vision as a church is
"To see a growing number of people receive and reflect the love of Jesus Christ"
Crossroads Ferney is led by a team of between 3-12 elders elected by members of the congregation who have taken up formal membership. Elders serve for 2 year terms renewable up to 6 years. They meet twice monthly, once to pray together and once to conduct church business always in line with our statement of faith set out below.
We are pleased to introduce you to the current members of the Elder Board:
Mercy is in her sixth (and final) year as an elder - of which 2 were served with our sister church Crossroads Thoiry. She is from Ghana originally but in true Crossroads style, her work and the lives of her grown up family take her around the world on a frequent basis. She is a core member of the Stewarding and Service Lead teams on Sunday mornings.
Ercan has been a member of Crossroads Ferney since 2015. He is married to Mimi (Samantha) and they have 2 young adult children. He is half Turkish and half Ghanian and has had the privilege of living and working in Africa, Europe and the Middle East.
At Crossroads, Ercan has led a small group with Mimi and is a member of the prayer ministry. He has provided prayer ministry training and from time to time preaches and leads the worship service. He joined the elder board in April 2019.
Amar grew up in the Geneva area (his parents having moved here from Sri Lanka) and is now, in turn, bringing up his own children here along with wife Jen, after time studying in the UK and working in Australia. He joined the elders in 2016 and is currently the Treasurer. He has a passion for Mission - serving on the Committee and enjoys preaching.
Veteran missionary Gary Cooper has lived and worked in Central America, Europe, the Middle East and South America. He pastored an international church for 15 years in Germany. He has also taught in Bible schools training ministry leaders.
Married to Gail since 1975, they have three children who grew up overseas. Now based in Geneva, Gary and Gail are valued members of Crossroads Ferney; Gary preaches regularly and runs occasional teaching seminars. Gary joined the elder board in April 2019.
Joshua is married to Olivia and they have one little daughter. He is Ugandan and has been part of the Crossroads Ferney family since moving here in 2016, but first was part of the church as a student in 2012. He joined the elder board in April 2019.
Joshua is involved in prayer ministry and sung worship, as well as with the youth and young adults. He was also part of the Search Team for the new Senior Pastor. He and Olivia currently host a weekly young-adults small group at their home.
Bonapas rejoined the elder board in 2016 and is serving as Vice-President. He and his wife Paula are among the longest attending members of our congregation. He co-leads the men’s ministry (“X men”) with fellow elder and Pacific Islander Temo Waqanivalu.
Julia joined the elders board at our AGM in April 2019. From Kenya, Julia is married to Hilary (Larry) and they have 3 children. Julia joined Crossroads Ferney in 2012 and has served in hospitality, prayer, women’s ministry and as small group leader. I am also a proud alumnus of the Life Spring school of Ministry where I graduated in 2016. I am currently enrolled in a one-year bible study programme with the Geneva Bible School.
Jolene is married to Iki and blessed with three children aged 9-16. She comes the island of Tonga in the South Pacific. She also calls New Zealand home. Jolene has been at Crossroads since the family moved to Switzerland in 2010. She serves in the children’s ministry at Crossroads Ferney, as well as in other roles. 2019 is Jolene’s first year on the elder board.
Temo is in his third year as an elder at Crossroads Ferney; he moved here from Fiji in 2014 with his wife Salote and their younger children. He is a leader in the men’s ministry and a regular member of the worship team, and, most importantly, a new Grandfather.
Statement of Faith
The church believes in the truths of the traditional, historical and biblical Christian faith. We believe that:-
· The Bible, Word of God, is the ultimate authority for the Christian faith and the Christian life.
· God exists eternally in three persons: Father, Son & Holy Spirit. He has revealed Himself to be perfect love, holiness and justice. He is the creator of all things.
· Jesus Christ is the eternal unique Son of God. As true God and true man He was born of a virgin. He was without sin and was raised bodily from the dead and was seen by many witnesses after His resurrection. He has returned to heaven to prepare a place for us in the house of the Father.
· Men and women were created in the image of God, were tempted by Satan and have rebelled against God. Men and women are now fallen in nature and evidence their sinful nature by committing sinful acts.
· By repentance and faith in Jesus Christ, we are justified by God and reconciled to Him. We can experience forgiveness of our sins, spiritual rebirth, our adoption as God’s children and the gift of the Holy Spirit as a guarantee of our future resurrection and inheritance with Christ.
· By the Holy Spirit, who indwells every Christian, we can experience a progressive liberation from the bondage of sin, although we will never achieve perfection in this life.
· The believer has, through Christ, authority over the powers of darkness directed by Satan, the prince of this world. We exercise this power as we progress to spiritual maturity in Christ.
· The church is the living body of Christ on earth. Jesus Christ is supreme ruler and source of life of the church. This body is made up of all those who have received Jesus Christ as Saviour and Lord.
· Jesus Christ will return to earth to resurrect the dead, judge the world and consummate His heavenly kingdom. This is the hope of the church and its encouragement for its ministry. All who are spiritually reborn shall live forever with Him.